updated 7/28/2020 8:30 AM
Please park away from the construction - the sewer line is being replaced
The general dispensation from the Sunday obligation is no longer in effect. Only those who are considered high risk (i.e., those who are immune deficient, elderly, etc.) or living in communities with stricter protocols are dispensed. This dispensation will remain in effect until further notice. We will continue to live stream the Saturday 4:30pm Vigil and Sunday 11am Mass for those who are unable to attend in person.
Until the case counts begins to drop again, the following is also implemented.
- We will suspend all singing at Mass as it increases the possibility of transmission of COVID-19. We will use the Entrance and Communion Antiphons as well as speaking the Mass parts.
- Parishioners are strongly encourage to receive Communion in the hand.
- Please understand the necessity of social distancing, wearing masks when unable to keep distance and staying home if you are not feeling well.
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 from someone who attended Mass, please report it.
Saturday Vigil Mass – In the Church
Sunday – In the Church
- 8:00 AM (Effective August 2, there is no longer a Mass at 9:00 AM).
- 11:00 AM live-streamed
- 1:00 PM Spanish Mass
- 5:30 PM (St Mark at SHC)
Daily Mass Monday to Friday at SHC
TEMPORARY Protocols for Attending Mass
Alaskans are encouraged to continue to follow health and hygiene protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
- stay six feet apart from non-household members;
- wash hands frequently;
- stay home if you are sick, and get tested for COVID-19 if you have symptoms;
- wear a face covering in public places when near others;
- and be mindful and respectful to those Alaskans that are most vulnerable to this virus, including Alaska’s senior population and those with existing health conditions.
- Reception of Communion is strongly recommended by hand
- Please approach minister with your mask on and your hands extended
- Receive host, then step 6 feet away
- Unveil the mask consume the host
- Place mask back on covering mouth and nose
- Those who desire to receive on the tongue should approach the priest after Mass
- Pews are marked with orange tape to encourage social distancing
- Families may sit together, others should maintain a 6 foot distance from those of another household
Confessions: Saturday 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
While those in a high risk category still have a dispensed from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass, we are all reminded to “keep holy the Lord’s Day.”